Why hire an external consultant?
Organizational politics and cliques are a thing. We’ve all been there. We’ve all seen them.
Since external consultants are not employees they are not embedded in the day-to-day of team interactions, allowing them to focus on the job that needs to be done: sharpening your diversity & inclusion initiatives with real, global policy.
Hi, I’m Jessica. I’m passionate about gender equality policy.
I’m ready to work with you on your gender equality goals. With significant private sector, civil society United Nations representative capacities, and journalism experience, I’m ready to work together with you to enhance global gender equality. Here’s a breakdown of my background. You can also find me on my website.
In policy frameworks
- Served in United Nations interfacing roles for almost a decade
- NGO delegate to Commission on the Status of Women from 2011 – 2017 for Women’s Intercultural Network.
- NGO representative to Commission on the Status of Women for OneMama.org since 2017
- “Cities for CEDAW” campaign steering committee and social media lead from 2012 – 2016. Collaborated with diplomats, politicians, and civil society stakeholders encouraging U.S. city mayors to adopt the CEDAW ordinance.
- Brought CEDAW to the private sector, Silicon Valley technology and financial companies to implement its provisions.
- Author of 7 official UN statements on gender equality.
In private sector
- 12 years experience in private sector communications and change management roles
- 7 years in financial services sector in communications related roles
- Facilitated company divestment and brand dissolutions for two multinational companies
- Change management at large scale
- Co-Founder of MUSE app through Farley Center for Entrepreneurship using agile innovation process and development framework
- 2017 as a European Union External Action press visit fellow
- Journalist of the Month in May 2015 by International Journalists’ Network.
- journalism features and books tell the stories of global unsung heroes, while attacking hard-hitting issues of sexual violence, armed conflict, and diplomacy structures.
- Published with Harvard Nieman Foundation, Women News Network, Smithsonian Magazine Online, Reveal/ Center for Investigative Reporting, and a Knight Lab use case exploring virtual reality for storytelling.
- Author/curator of the 50 Women anthology series – a dual collection of personal stories chronicling world events told by 50 women from 30 countries.
- Co-Author Stories from Girls and Women of Mogadishu with personal stories of women and girls from various sectors of society in Mogadishu, Somalia.